We are proud to be a Stonewall Champion school. We have two Stonewall Champion leads in school who have attended training to enable pastoral, anti-bullying and curriculum leads to be equipped with the knowledge, tools and confidence to train colleagues on tackling homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying and celebrating difference, as well as meeting the requirements of the inspection frameworks in England, Scotland and Wales.
The training has enabled us to
- Learn practical techniques to train other staff in your school on how to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying and celebrate difference
- Learn practical ways of including different families in the curriculum
- Gain an overview of the current state of homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying and its impact on pupil achievement and school performance
- Find out how to meet our legal requirements under the Equality Act 2010 and the inspection framework in your country
- Be inspired by best practice from other schools
We have used the skills and knowledge from this training to enable us to meet our statutory duties with regard to the implementation of the RSE Policy in primary schools.
As part of this initiative we have purchased a range of books from the Stonewall Primary School range to be used in Family groups to enable children to understand every person and every family is different.